Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beer Buying Frustration!!!!

OK, I know I live in Australia, and I know I have beers from elsewhere in the world that I want to drink (I probably wouldn't have this blog if that wasn't the case).

There are definitely beers (eg, Rogue Double Chocolate Stout, Southern Tier Creme Brulee, Hercule Stout, Boon Faro, etc [sorry, I won't go on]) I am willing to pay to have shipped to Australia, and also others that I have never tried, but would like the opportunity to do so. With Rogue and ST, I have been in contact with the breweries, and from them been directed to a number of distributors in the U.S. While some of them say they freight beers worldwide, some will only do order big enough for bottle shops, etc. Others that 'may' do smaller orders, somehow never come through with the goods/keep delaying on me/keep asking me to change my order, or just not responding at all. As you can tell, I am getting pretty frustrated, as have been trying to get some of these beers for many years, and no distributor has been much help over that time. Normally on this blog, I would like to have a wide-thinking look at distribution of beer, bring up experiences I have had at Goat with sending our beer around Australia and the world, and look at the principles of it all.
However, at this moment, all I want to do is just buy a ticket to fly around the world again and hope that my luck will be better going to the actual breweries, even if it just means someone will actually take me seriously. I don't know if I am just an unusual case, and most other people can simply see a beer available through a website, order it, and have it delivered ('tis but a dream for me). I do not understand why this has been so difficult for me. I understand I am probably asking for seasonals/rarities, but if the beer is available, and they have the ability to send it to me, how can I not get it delivered.

Sorry, I will stop my rant, but if I can, I would like to ask anyone (if anyone actually reads this stuff) that knows of/has used a good distributor (mainly looking at the U.S., but really anyone who sources good beer, as I have yet to find any distributor outside Australia that can get beer to me) to let me know by commenting on this blog. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to buy beer, that others say they have, want to sell, and can get to me.

I don't like using this blog for things like this, as want to keep my documenting of beer as an open, thoughtful and positive experience, but after so many years of this, I have finally broken.

Hopefully after my weekend in Sydney, I can focus on the experience of tasting beer on this blog again,

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me on this.

Cheers,

Beefy

No comments: